johnny, the tackling alzheimer patient

Monday, November 07, 2005

and they're off to a flying start at today's twenty-first annual dog and llama show

it is currently 1:59pm on a monday. i have now been awake for just shy of 8 hours. something is terribly, terribly wrong with that statement. for the past few weeks, had i said "it's 1:59pm", i would have been awake for just shy of 8 minutes.

yes, today is my first day of work at my new job. while i could think of better things to do with my time, i am getting paid for sitting this chair, so i guess it's not all bad. the guys i work with are pretty cool too; they seem to know their stuff, which is good seeing as how they've just thrown me in and expected me to know how each of our 100 client's networks are set up.

my only hope for today is that i can walk out at 5pm without actually falling asleep walking out to my car. getting up so early this morning has left me somewhat on the sleepy side of things and is causing me to have to really concentrate on focusing my eyes, even when i'm just trying to read something simple, like this post for example.

at any rate, assuming i'm not always stuck behind this keyboard every day (which i've been assured i won't, but am starting to think that was a lie), i think it should be a good job. i'm absolutely sick of helpdesk positions (i've been doing phone work for the past 6 years, so i think i'm allowed to hate it) so any work that doesn't involve me talking to (l)users on the phone is welcomed with open arms.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home